Monday, January 24, 2011

Planning

I've been planning services an awful lot lately. I volunteered to do monthly Taize services at Smirk Church for the year - I also have monthly preludes for Sunday worship there. I'm preaching there next month. And I find that every worship experience I encounter, I analyze and pick it apart - the benefits of taking a series of worship classes.

So when I had a skull session with the Seminary chaplain and music director this afternoon, it was surprising to me that I still had a little bit of a thrill making all the pieces fit - the anthem, the psalm, the hymns...the whole array just sort of collapsed into place.

That gratitude post - the key theme of the service - will wait for another day, but suffice it to say, as I struggle to revive this blog...it's always a blessing to recall that I was called to this crazy job.

No comments: